Page archived courtesy of the Geocities Archive Project https://www.geocitiesarchive.org
Please help us spread the word by
the Facebook link below :-)
~ Passive Voice Quiz (2) ~
Tick the most appropriate passive form from the answers given.
1) Someone used to send me anonymous letters.
I was used to be sent anonymous letters
Anonymous letters used to be sent to me.
I used to be sent anonymous letters.
2) She is used to cleaning the floor everyday.
The floor is used to clean by she everyday.
The floor is used to being cleaned everyday.
The floor is used to be clean everyday.
3) They oughtn't to give children sweets.
Children oughtn't to give them sweets.
Children oughtn't to be given sweets.
Sweets oughtn't to be given to children.
4) He didn't show them the right place.
He didn't show the right place to them.
The right place was not shown to them.
They weren't shown the right place.
5) No one could tell her the secret.
She couldn't be told the secret.
The secret couldn't be told to her.
She could be told the secret.
6) They must give him a visa.
A visa must be given him.
He must be given a visa.
A visa must be given him by they.
7) Someone taught them the passive voice.
The passive voice was taught to them.
They were taught the passive voice.
They had been taught the passive voice.
8) You shouldn't bring children to the work place.
The work place should not be brought children to.
Children shouldn't bring to the work place.
Children shouldn't be brought to the work place.
9) They allowed him a second loan this year.
A second loan was allowed to him this year.
He was allowed a second loan this year.
He was allowed this year a second loan.
10) They might forgive him his silliness.
His silliness might be forgiven by them.
He might be forgiven his silliness.
His silliness might be forgiven for him.
Can you tell what is common about
all the above given sentences
The Passive Voice Site