Halliburton currently has several billion dollars worth of business with the US Government. Much of it was assigned by way of no-bid contracts which implicitly or explicitly assume that Halliburton is the only entity capable of providing the desired service. Can this possibly be true? Or are there other forces at work here? How can we know, until we answer the question: what is Halliburton?
My interest in the mysterious Halliburton cabal began about a decade ago, and has only grown stronger in the current Cheney epoch. They're surprisingly creepy.
In 1993, the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority divided the 4 billion possible addresses of the net into subsections called Netblocks:
- Class-C netblocks (the smallest size, 256 addresses) were given out to pretty much anyone who wanted to go online, like small businesses or elementary schools.
- Class-B netblocks (middle size, 65536 addresses) were given to useful technology sites like JHU and Microsoft.
- Class-A netblocks (super size, 16777216 addresses) were given to exactly 49 giants of the information revolution, such as: MIT, AT&T, the country of Japan, US Department of Defense ... and Halliburton???
How in the world does an "oil services company" deserve a chunk of the internet as big as the one given to the entirety of South America? My mind boggled at this notion. Thus began my descent into darkness...
â€œWhat's wrong with my image? ... Am I the evil genius
in the corner that nobody ever sees come out of his hole? It's a nice way to operate, actually.â€
- - Dick Cheney, 2004 Jan 19
- Dick Cheney, CEO until 2000 election
- Arthur Andersen, former Accountant
- Carlyle Group
- George H.W. Bush Sr, Senior Advisor
- Frank Carlucci, Chairman
- James Baker, Senior Counselor
- Arthur Levitt, Senior Advisor
- Richard Darman, Partner
- Donald Rumsfeld, former lobbyist
"Judge whether good enough hit S.H.
at same time. Not only UBL
. Go massive
. Sweep it all up. Things related and not."
- - Donald Rumsfeld, 2001 Sep 11
- George Schultz, former President
- Caspar Weinberger, former General Counsel and Vice President
- William Casey, former consultant
There are numerous theories that Cheney and friends allowed the 9-11 tragedy as a way to increase their power. Such ideas might be insane, treasonous, or God's own truth, but in any case it's indisputable that this triumvirate star chamber has made billions of dollars as a result of 9-11, and their connections to the administration should be cause for suspicion.
"You're in what we call the 'reality-based community'
. You all believe that solutions will emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality. That's not the way the world really works anymore. We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality
- - White House staff, 2002 Sep
Connect the Dots?
Here's one of the best tales: George HW Bush Sr does a lot of face-to-face business with members of the Saudi Binladin family (aka Bin Laden). In early September 2001, Carlyle Group placed an unusually high number of Put options on several stocks, including United Airlines. Hence, Carlyle made a killing when these stock prices plummeted a week later. Quite an impressive coincidence, wouldn't you say?
p.s. For the record, I (and many other people) have been exposing these connections for the past few years. If some other ranting maniac wants to make a movie about it, that's his own problem.
- Other Tidbits
- Halliburton's subsidiary Kellogg Brown & Root (aka Burn & Loot) has epitomized the "military industrial complex" since Vietnam.
- Halliburton's top foreign customers in the 1990s were Iran, Iraq & Libya.
- Halliburton used fraudulent accounting to gain $210 million of phony profits in 1998. The SEC fined them $7.5 million. Lesson: Crime Does Pay.
- Cheney faces criminal investigation for bribery to win a Nigerian drilling contract in 1999.
- Halliburton sold nuclear detonators to Libya, and KBR used loopholes to buy Libyan oil.
- Meanwhile, Rumsfeld's company (ABB) sold nuclear reactors to North Korea.
- Bechtel wanted to build an oil pipeline for Saddam. Twenty years later, they finally have a contract.
Super Secret Society, or Ordinary Oil Barons?
There is a grave flaw in this "secret conspiracy" genre: the Bush Jr administration has not been at all secretive about their loyalties. A quick look at their resumés tells the tale:
- George W Bush Jr, President: Harken Energy Board of Directors, Spectrum 7 (a partner of Enron) fnord Chairman
- Dick Cheney, Vice President: Halliburton CEO
- Condoleezza Rice, National Security Advisor: Chevron Board of Directors
(first Cabinet-level official with their own personal oil tanker)
- Donald Rumsfeld, Defence Secretary: Asea Brown Boveri Board of Directors, et al.
- Spencer Abraham, Energy Secretary: surprisingly never worked for the energy industry... at least not directly
- Donald Evans, Commerce Secretary: TMBR / Sharp Drilling CEO
- Gale Norton, Interior Secretary: BP Amoco lobbyist
- Andrew Card, Chief of Staff: General Motors Vice President
- Karl Rove, Campaign Manager: Enron investor (got out just before the crash, isn't he "lucky"?)
- Thomas White, Secretary of the Army: Enron Vice Chairman
- Robert Zoellick, US Trade Representative: Enron Advisory Board
- Lawrence Lindsey, Economic Advisor: Enron Board of Directors
On the other hand, John Dean (White House Counsel to Richard Nixon) says "Bush and Cheney are more secretive than Nixon ever imagined being", and "I'm anything but skittish about government, but I must say this administration is truly scary and, given the times we live in, frighteningly dangerous."
See also: Torture-Gate Timeline
- 1973: Rummy & Cheney meet on President Ford's staff.
- 1983/12/20: one little handshake.
- 1990/06/25: Ambassador April Glaspie tells Saddam "we have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait".
- 1990/08: Iraq invades Kuwait. Osama offers to fight Saddam, but Saudi chooses US Army instead. Osama gets pissed.
- 1991/01/17: Desert Storm.
- 1991: Defense Secretary Cheney gives Halliburton subsidiary Brown & Root a multi-billion dollar contract to rebuild Kuwaiti oil industry.
- 1992: Defense Secretary Cheney pays Brown & Root $3.9 million (plus $5 million later) to study if private companies could handle logistics for the US military. Halliburton's report says yes, we know a company that can do it: Halliburton! (Interesting that Cheney later uses the exact same method to choose himself for Vice President)
- 1992/02: Cheney & Wolfowitz write Defense Planning Guidance, recommend subduing Iraq (et al) for "access to vital raw material, primarily Persian Gulf oil".
- 1992/08: Defense Secretary Cheney gives Halliburton the 5-year exclusive contract with Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP). LOGCAP is "cost plus", meaning their profit goes up the more they spend.
- 1993/01/20: President #42 Bill Clinton is contractually obligated to use Halliburton for military support work.
- 1995: LOGCAP activates in the Balkans. Over the next few years Halliburton spends $2 billion.
- 1995/08: Halliburton hires Dick Cheney as CEO.
- 1997/02: Halliburton loses LOGCAP renewal to Dyncorp for the rest of Clinton's term, except ongoing Balkans work.
- 1997/06/03: Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, et al, form PNAC.
- 1998/01/26: PNAC asks President Clinton to re-invade Iraq. He says no.
- 1998/09: Halliburton buys Dresser Industries, Prescott Bush's former company. Dresser subsidiary Kellogg joins Browns & Root.
- 1998: Halliburton commits $120 million of accounting fraud.
- 2000/09: Rebuilding America's Defenses again advocates military control of the Persian Gulf. Wistfully mourns that this will be difficult to accomplish without "some catastrophic and catalyzing event, like a new Pearl Harbor".
- 2001/01/30: Ten days into the White House, the Bush administration begins writing Iraq invasion plans.
- 2001/02/01: Plan for post-Saddam Iraq written.
- 2001/03: Cheney's energy task force discusses how to divvy up Iraq's oil fields.
- 2001/06: Dresser subsidiary Harbison-Walker is sued for asbestos. Halliburton/KBR is financially liable.
- 2001/07: John Ashcroft stops using commercial airlines, DoJ leases a private jet, due to "threat assessment" which he refuses to explain.
- 2001/09/11 morning: convenient opportunity
- 2001/09/11 afternoon: Without waiting for evidence, Rumsfeld orders preparation to attack Iraq.
"What have you got in terms of plans for Iraq? What is the status of the war plan
? I want you to get on it. I want you to keep it secret."
- - Bush to Rumsfeld, 2001 Nov 21
- 2001/09/13: Bush administration shuttles several Bin Laden family members safely back to Saudi.
- 2001/12/05: Dresser loses $4.2 billion asbestos lawsuit. KBR enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- 2001/12: LOGCAP returns to Halliburton/KBR with a 10-year contract, despite criticism from GAO.
- 2002/01/29: infamous axis of evil speech (with those 16 words).
- 2002/09/12: In memory of 9-11, Bush asks the UN to attack Iraq.
- 2002/Fall: Lackeys of Undersecretary Feith decide to give Halliburton a no-bid contract, even though Bechtel and Fluor are also qualified. Cheney's chief of staff participates at this meeting.
- 2003/03/05: Douglas Feith tells Halliburton their secret contract "has been coordinated w/ VP's office".
- 2003/03/08: Halliburton/KBR officially receives the Iraq contract.
- 2003/03/19: Operation Enduring Our Freedom
- 2003/03/22: US begins to capture Iraqi cities (and oil fields), does nothing to prepare for democratic government.
- 2003/04/01: Oops, someone forgot the rose petals!
- 2003/04/09: Despite promises to protect buildings, US army guards exactly one site in Baghdad: the Iraqi Oil Ministry.
- 2003/05/01: Mission accomplished
- 2003/05/22: Executive Order 13303 grants immunity from prosecution to oil companies working in Iraq.
- 2004/02/15: Paul Bremer will not allow Islamic government for Iraq, even if democratically chosen. Back to the caucus system?
- 2004/04/29: after months of conspiratorial coverup, the great butt pyramid scandal opens its big brown eye.
- 2004/06/30: Criticized for their $7 billion contracts of US taxpayer money, Halliburton instead goes after $19 billion of Iraqi oil money.
- 2004/09/30: Duelfer Report says "We know where they are" ... nowhere.
Scenario 666: The Vatican Connection
Calling all eschatologists: your fears are not completely loopy. None other than Pope John Paul II is deeply disturbed by the Bush administration's foreign policy. The Pontiff dislikes war in general, and he wasn't happy with a new "crusade" in the middle east, but that's just small stuff. The Pope's big worry is about scriptural signs that George W Bush may be the Antichrist, or at best a dangerous zealot intent on bringing about the End Time.
As a noted journalist would say, I'm not making this up.
That other little operation (Afghanistan, remember?) has also been quite beneficial to the Texas Troika, along with a couple of their friendly neighbors:
"I can't think of a time when we've had a region emerge as suddenly to become as strategically significant as the Caspian. It's almost as if the opportunities have arisen overnight. The good Lord didn't see fit to put oil and gas only where there are democratically elected
regimes friendly to the United States. Occasionally we have to operate in places where, all things considered, one would not normally choose to go. But we go where the business is
- - Dick Cheney, 1998 Jun 23
- Hamid Karzai: appointed President of Afghanistan, former Unocal employee
Note: Hamid's brother makes excellent pumpkin custard.
- Zalmay Khalizad: US Envoy to Afghanistan, former Unocal employee
- Richard Armitage: Deputy Secretary of State, former Unocal employee, former ChoicePoint / DBT board member
- Chevron-Texaco (et al)
- James Baker: lawyer for the Pipeline Consortium (and for the Binladin family).
- Well, they would have been involved, but they're a little too busy with other projects now.
- 1984: Osama Bin Laden moves to northern Pakistan, prepares to fight Soviets in Afghanistan.
- 1985/03/08: Reagan signs Security Directive 166, which sends CIA trainers and thousands of tons of weapons to Osama and his fellow mujahedeen.
- 1987/04: Osama, the anti-communist war hero
- 1991: Osama switches from loose-cannon ally to fanatic terrorist.
- 1995/04: Unocal begins negotiations with Caspian leaders, including Taliban.
- 1996/03: Tom Simmons, Ambassador to Pakistan, asks Benazir Bhutto to support Unocal plan. She says no.
- 1996/06: Osama moves back to Afghanistan.
- 1996/09: With mysterious new funding, Taliban captures Kabul.
- 1996/10: Bhutto ousted by Nawaz Sharif.
- 1997: Sharif signs on to pipeline deal.
- 1997: Enron conducts Trans-Caspian feasibility study on behalf of Bechtel.
- 1997/12: Taliban leaders enjoy a vacation in Texas.
- 1998/01: Unocal announces pipeline deal with Pakistan, Taliban & Turkmenistan.
- 1998/02/12: Unocal VP John Maresca tells Congress we need a "recognized government" in Afghanistan (wink wink hint hint).
- 1998/08/20: Clinton tries to blow up Osama. Unocal calls off the deal.
- 2001/05: $43 million US aid package to the Taliban.
- 2001/09/11: "an interesting day"
- 2001/10/07: Operation Enduring Freedom.
- 2001/12/22: Hamid Karzai installed as President. Osama gets away.
- 2002/05/13: After a 4 year delay, the pipeline project is back in business.
- 2004: Most of the land in Afghanistan is back under the control of former-Taliban warlords. US forces protect a handful of cities, but don't hunt for Al Qaida.
If you know more about these masters of our New American Century, please tell me.
Caveat Lector fnord
If you do not think that this page is way off the deep end, then there is something wrong with your head (or with the entire world).
© 2004 - Dark Shark KSC, Frankie Say Cabal. All Rites Reversed. The Law of Fives. 23, AISB, Kallisti, POEE, SJG. Principia Discordia, Ewige Blumenkraft. Hail Eris, Robert Anton Wilson. Kick out the JAMs. KLF is gonna rock you. Is there no help for the widow's son? Will no one help the widow's son? Freemasons rule the country. Don't let them Immanentize the Eschaton. Manchurian Global: Everything is under control.