George Ruban's Roleplaying Pages
- 4 Call of Cthulhu scenarios
- are 3/4 notes for myself to finish writing up - but one scenario
is ready for reading.
- is a Hero System roleplaying character, by William Nabors. The
sheet was drawn up using Douglas
MacDougal's wonderful HtmlHero
it. Cheetax is a Multiform character:
are the two alternate forms.
- The Cheetax Campaign
- is a directory of email messages comprising this PBEM. They're
sorted by date and author, but the file size is useful too.
- Nero Wolfe
- is a HtmlHero Hero System writeup
of Rex Stout's famous detective (the world's greatest detective - by
mass at least). Archie Goodwin is his
faithful (and mobile) sidekick.
- NewHoo: Games/Roleplaying/Hero Games
- is a category on a Yahoo-like web directory that I am currently
the sole editor of. It's not paid, and they take anyone who applies,
but apparently no one has applied for this one yet! I try to give good
site descriptions and categorizations. I also help out with the other
categories, but share that responsibility with quite a few others.
- HERO Combat Applet
- Java applet that simulates HERO System Roleplaying game
combat between Sam Bell's superhero collection. Currently it's
the biggest attraction for visitors of these pages.
It comes in several pages:
The source code is freely available
as a Zip file, but I would appreciate if all changes were also
sent to me, and documented, so I could keep the definitive version at
this site. The small characters file is
the text file read in by the smaller applet, with 46 Sam Bell
characters. The larger characters file
contains the 200-odd Sam Bell character write-ups. I've corrected some
typos that made the files possible for my program to parse, but
otherwise they are entirely his.
- The original applet is the most
detailed page, with Sam Bell's first 46
characters. It is fairly straightforward to play with - for
detailed use you now need a separate page of instructions.
- Usage Instructions
is the page of detailed instructions about using the
less-straightforward features of the applet.
- The large-file applet is a combat
with all of Sam Bell's 200+ characters.
It takes a while to load, but the applet itself otherwise has the same
- The Deejay applet is hosted on Shelley Chrystal Mactyre's Online Champions Resources page. It has even more characters (though not all of Sam Bell's ones).
- Leandro Oliveira da
Silva has put up a copy of the applet on
his pages. The Java source code is freely available, you can do this if
you choose to, but please give me the credit and tell me that you are
doing it. Also it would be nice if you added something - a
different characters file would be easiest - in order to give people a
reason to go to the applet on your page.
- My HtmlHero improvements
- include automatically calculating characteristic costs, CV's and
phases, the ability to input previously generated HtmlHero .html pages
(a parser), as well as fixing some minor bugs. There is a complete
list of changes from Doug's
original, and a disclaimer I
also download the whole thing as a ~50K zip
file for offline use - unzip, and open HtmlHero/index.html in your
Internet Explorer, Opera (?)). Please sign my guestbook if you
find it useful.
- HERO Die Roller
counting STUN and BODY, and allowing adds of 1 pip or a half die.
Friends and acquaintances
of mine with roleplaying pages on the World Wide Web.
- Peter Maranci
- was a excellent gamemaster of mine. Now he runs the roleplaying magazine
- Tim Larson
- organized and maintains the Great
Net Book of Real HEROs. I was his first contributor, and did a bit to help popularize it.
- Surge (Jonathan Sari)
- maintains The Complete Usenet
Role-Playing Game List and
Usenet Role-Playing Companies List, which I wrote a
Lex program to automatically HTML-ify.
- Shelley Chrystal Mactyre
- maintains not only the most comprehensive HERO System Links
page on the Web, but what was once Deejay (Jack Wilson) 's, Hero
System characters collection, the
Champions Write-Ups Page, with a copy
of my applet that reads in those characters in Deejay's HTML
- Joshua "JD" Marquart
- started the rec.games.frp.super-heroes
newsgroup, and still maintains the newsgroup FAQ. For a
short time this FAQ was HTMLized from text by my
program - since then, he has made it much prettier by maintaining
the HTML by hand.
- Sign My Guestbook
- Please leave a few comments on how you found my pages.
- View My Guestbook
- See what other people wrote.
- I would appreciate receiving mail about my site format and
Return to George Ruban's main page.
This page was last modified on Wednesday, 14-Oct-98 07:23:55 PDT
This page hosted by which will gladly give you
your own Free Home Page in exchange for such a
link, a floating watermark, popup ads...